Followers

Wednesday 12 March 2008

My First Attempt at a Challenge

I though I would like to take part in a challenge, and I really liked the look of Hels' Sunday Stampers on CSF. The theme this week is Oriental, and while I don't have many oriental stamps, I do have this large one from Stamp Camp. Every time I look on their web site I end up spending a fortune.
The ladies were stamped and clear embossed, and then masked. I then stamped the blossoms in yellow and orange distress inks, and swirled the colours around a bit with a watercolour brush.
To glitz it up a little I sprayed with some gold Moon Glow spritzy type stuff that I've had for years and never used. It then needed a quick blast with my heat gun as it had a bad attack of the curly edges!!
The ladies are coloured with Marvy le plume pens and a water brush.
To finish I inked the edges with a gold krylon which I have just discovered thanks to everyone on CSF. I added a stamped bamboo tile and some coins tied with raffia.
I really enjoyed taking part in the challenge, and am looking forward to next Sundays.x

1 comment:

  1. Wow, love this work of art. Thanks for joinin in and hope to see you next week :O)) Hels x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.