Followers

Sunday 18 January 2009

Art Creations Friday


This is the first time that I have seen this Challenge site, so I don't know if I have followed the rules as I have only used part of the image. I decided that the little girl was sending a letter to her father away in the army ( don't know why lol) The papers used are K&Co, and the scrolly stamp is Laundry Line. Sorry it hasn't photographed too well but again, no daylight - I need some sunshine!!
Thanks for looking xx
http://artcreationsfriday.blogspot.com/2009/01/9th-challenge.html

7 comments:

  1. Wether you've followed the rules or not, it's a stunning piece of work Sue xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no rules that I know of. You just use the image somehow in your work and this turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, lvoe how you framed the girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card !!!
    .
    thanks for this lovely entry to ACF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful vintage piece! Well done! I like your back story - it explains her solemnity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. You asked if my card was "in the flesh" - you have no idea how often that question enters my head when I am looking at the wonderful works found through ACF! The one you asked about is indeed a real paper card. I did combine two background papers digitally so I could blend them by applying a transparancy and put our girl on top. I printed that part out on photo paper and the rest is done in the traditional card making way. Chipboard flower and real ribbon. Also added paper corners. Thank you for your interest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.