Followers

Sunday 4 January 2009

Basic Grey Challenges - Challenge 16

Wow, no posts for months then 2 come along at the same time, and I've heard that wonky photography is the new straight! I've only just discovered this site, and as I have more Basic Grey than Messrs Basic and Grey I thought it would be rude not to give it a go.
If I were a better blogger I would be able to show you a picture of the sketch, but trust me it's more or less like the card.
The base card is 8x8 so boy did it take some filling. The papers used are mainly Colour me Silly. My cuttlebug doesn't go up to the circle size, so I cut around my lamp with my craft knife. This was only possible 'cos I got one of those new Fiscars finger tip knives and it's great - no way will I go back to my old one.
The topper is from the latest QVC pick of the day. I've found that my family tend to like cards that look like they've been bought from a shop rather than my inky creations, so that's what they will be getting this year!
I'm not too sure about the 8x8, it's none of your cheap stuff, but it still struggles with the layers.
It's been really nice to get crafting again, and thanks for looking.
http://basicgreychallenges.blogspot.com/2009/01/challenge-17-first-sketch-of-2009.html

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, works brilliantly for a mans card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that is so cool. Love the image. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card Sue and I love the image and papers you used, perfect for the men in the family. Nice tip about the finger tip cutting tool, I really struggle with a craft knife so perhaps this is the answer. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Sue - the colours are wonderful - love them and your take on the sketch is great.
    Thanks for playing with us this week.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a fab mans card!

    Mrs Wonka x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Awesome card! I ma always tracing around things to make circles. I even have a Cricut, but sometimes I just don't want to bother with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.