Followers

Sunday 31 May 2009

Saturday Workout - Altered Books

The challenge this week at Saturday Workout is Altered Books. I hope my entry counts as rather that alter a book, I have made one to keep my postcards in.
I've made a few now and they are stored in an old shoe box in my wardrobe!
I've just made a couple of covers with mountboard and joined together with book-rings.
I've used lots of acrylic paints, grungeboard, and a huge postcard stamp from Just for Fun.
I've tried not to fill it too much, as I want to put a little sample of each postcard on the front as I make it, so a year from now it could be quite crowded :o)
I'm quite pleased with my book, and the fact that I've made it. A couple of months ago there was no way I would have attempted anything like this, and I really enjoyed giving it a go.
Thanks very much for looking. x

11 comments:

  1. what a fab idea! Beautiful work, Sue. Will you blog it again when the extras are on it? hugs, Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  2. really gorgeous page Sue !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, This is awesome, what a creative way to store your postcards. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant work, Sue. Fantastic colours and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Sue this is stunning. Unbelievable book. Love them.

    Thanks Sue for playing SaWo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cover, great details and a very good idea for keeping postcards all together too Sue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful...love the shine and the hinges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very beautiful altered book !! love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW it's fab, just love the grungy look to it and well done for taking the plunge and giving it a go xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.