Followers

Sunday 1 August 2010

A Little Bit of Summer

A really quick post today 'cos it's late and it's a school day tomorrow, but I can't bear to watch Top Gear any longer. I think the Hamster is lovely, but I want to rip Clarkson's arm off and beat him with the bloody stump lol.
I don't normally like to combine challenges, but time has got the better of me this weekend, and I wanted to enter both so.... here's my entry for The Sunday Stampers and Artistic Stamper which is Something Old Something New, and Lots To Do, which is The Scenic Route.I'm hoping this counts as a Summer scene.
The something old was the childrens Pairs cards that I've altered. Now my two are 19 and 17, but I'm sure we still have most of their old toys. I suppose it's our fault 'cos we still have Neil's original Scalextric in the loft (it's so old the cars have gone from classic to vintage) and I've still got my old bear, which used to be bigger than me, but now alas I have far outgrown him.
I've used lots of gesso to cover the cards, and distress inks in shaded of yellow and green. The stamps are by Simple Expressions, and I always struggle to stamp these, but they look so nice if you can get them right. The something new is my lovely Clearz that came in my Blog Candy from The Stampman. I've tinted it with alcohol inks and stuck down with glossy accents. My bee's antena is my first attempt at wire work lol.

Hope the kids don't notice that there cards have gone missing :o) The paper on the front is from Tim's Lost and Found stack, which I've just got from The Fruit Pixie. This paper is gorgeous, but it's made me want the other stacks too now.
Clarkson's just about to drive his car at a lorry so I think I'll watch this bit :o)

Thanks very much for looking x

13 comments:

  1. Fabby piece hun... you should also link it to the Artistic Stamper challenge too..same as the SS.. thanks for joining in with it BTW... as for Clarkson, I think he is funny sometimes...when he was in that Reliant Robin the other week... I was nearly weeing myself laughing.. if you haven;t seen it, try and find it... it truly is hilarious LOL Thanks again and have a goodly week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, its terrific. You definitely need a Zapper in your hand ready for that irritant.... Enjoy your week. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the way you did the stamps...and the clear center is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is veryy effective, I love the idea of opposites, I had never thought of doing that before , its so eye catching . The colours you have used are perfect for it.
    I agree the Hammie is very cute but the other two ....nah !!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic piece Sue - love the colours and the stamps

    I agree with hels the reliant robin one was brilliant !!!

    Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flowes negitive and yello very cool

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your comments about Top Gear made me laugh - I don't mind The Hamster and James May but really Jeremy Clarkson needs to grow up!!!v Lovely bit of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Hun don't watch it Mr Clarkson reminds me of someone I used to know ....

    Fab piece love the wire work and the whole summer day feel. Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty project, Thanks for joining in with the ASCTC and good luck
    hugs Minxy

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! love what you made dispite the anxiety you've had. Hope life is treating you better now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab altering Sue! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving what you have done, and thank you for joining in our new challenge at The Artistic Stamper
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh i love it. Love the stamping and the 3d look if the centre clear piece.
    Totally lovely
    hugs June xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.