Followers

Sunday 6 May 2012

It's May - So Where's The Sun??

It is now the 6th of May, and by my body thermometer it's STILL WINTER. I'm sorry for shouting but I'm fed up of the cold, wet, miserable weather. At 8 o'clock this morning the sun was shining, by ten past it had gone again. The cat does nothing but sleep and I would happily hibernate too! It doesn't help that Neil has ripped the kitchen out - by this I mean no units no appliances, bare breezblocks, floorboards, and electric wires dangling everywhere. Did I mention no power or lights. Never mind though, they are fitting a new one.... NEXT MONTH!!
OK, I'm calm again now lol. This is my calendar for May. The background has been done in Pan Pastels, with bits of acrylic paint splodged on with bubble wrap. The stamps are a mixture of Tim Holtz, Stampotique, 
Creative Expressions, and Dylusions. I really like how the Pan Pastels work with Versamark, in fact I really like them full stop. Ooh forgot to mention the new TH Spring Distress Inks, I've coloured some of the flowers in with these and they are by far my favourite set. Lovely lovely colours. I know I'm on a spending ban but new ink is new ink and needs to be tried!
I'm linking this to the following
Kate Crane - Calendar pages
Pan Pastels - Anything goes
Snazzy - Spring Colours
Simon Says Stamp And Show  - A kaleidoscope of colour


I'm going to wash up now... Outside...
Thanks very much for looking x

17 comments:

  1. Blimey Sue, no kitchen for another month!!! Good job you've got your crafting and your internet!!!

    Great pages and roll on the sunny weather!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. New ink is a NEED not a WANT. FACT!

    I'm with you on the miserable May weather rant, it's awful isn't it? I'm sitting here in my winter clothes with the heating on. And I'm grumbling.

    Lovely May pages! I haven't played with Pan Pastels yet, they give a lovely effect. I'm thinking they might be a NEED rather than a WANT too!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty calendar pages. Your kitchen sounds cosy, if we lived nearer I would invite you round for a cuppa and comfort! No sun here either....Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great question... no sun outside, it's still grey and rainy.
    But your page looks wonderful - fabulous spring feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous calendar pages.. poor you no kitchen, lighting, heating.... Yikes... you have a good shout girl... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pages, I love the spring colours. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bloomin' heck! No kitchen for another month.... you have my sympathy :)
    Your calendar pages are gorgeous - lovely background and I like the way you've stamped over the blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh no kitchen for a while.... but think of what it will look like when its all done , lets hope the sun shines for you soon Sue. Like your May pages and agree with you about the inks Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow stunning project thanks for joining in this week at PanPastel UK Challenge Blog.

    Kerry DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your beautiful spring pages for May. Good luck with the kitchen as totally know how you feel about all that gutting out and mess. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how colourful you've made your calendar - perfect for spring! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful...fantastic work,lets hope your kitchen will not be too painful. Shut yourself away and carry on crafting.! x Thanks for joining us at this weeks PanPastel UK challenge.
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. great pages, beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You snuck this entry in when I wasn't looking, And a fab job you did too,love the colours and textured looking background. Aren't the pan pastels amazing, I love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the flowers and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry it's taken me so long to get round this month, but I am here finally! And I'm pleased to say the weather has improved since you wrote your post! Love your spring pages - great colour scheme. Hope you get your kitchen soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.