Followers

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Wot No Layers

The lovely Sam is boss lady this week at Stampotique Designers Challenge and just to spite me (paranoid moi :-) she has chosen 'one layer' "Hi Stampotiquers! I'm so excited to be your host this week and I'm inviting you to make a creation using just one layer. It doesn't necessarily have to be clean and simple, that's the challenge! I love lots and lots of layers but to achieve a sense of depth to a creation using no embellishments etc can really get you scratching your head and rubbing your chin! 
Most importantly have fun ;)"
I love to use layers, not least because I'm so messy, and I CAN NOT stamp straight. Not even with a stamp possitioner, but if Sam want's one layer then that's what she's gonna get :-)
I trimmed my card to fit an embossing folder then masked off the middle section then covered with Versamark. This was then embossed using a diffuser that has sat unopened since the day it was bought. I then stippled and sponged Pan Pastels over the top in pink and purple, and outligned the Happy Birthday.
My favourite stamp of the week Kitten Sitting was stamped VERY carefully in black, then just coloured with Prisma pencils.
I did actually enjoy making this, and I love how the white card pops, so you're forgiven Sam lol.
I hope you can join in with our challenge and make a one layer creation, you can use any stamps but please no digi images.
I'm also linking this to the pan pastel challenge which is anything goes, and Country View Crafts which is Letters.
I hope you like my card, and thanks very much for looking x

11 comments:

  1. Lovely card, one layer always gives me the feeling I have forgotten something, so know what you mean, although I did make some one layer cards today, too - cheaper to post! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great one layer card. Love the image and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great one layer card. It looks more than one layer ! Great job.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did it brilliantly Sue! I love how you didn't emboss the centre. I shall need lessons in that!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the embossing

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue... I have a hard time with one layer cards and THIS is wonderful. Embossing is a great idea. xx Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful ideas to make the one layer look like more. The stamping is perfect and a lot of fun.

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You managed to create a one-layer card with both depth and texture. Super stamping and inking, Sue! Love that you highlighted the sentiment! Clever that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've achieved so much detail with just one layer Sue, Bravo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a wonderful & gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining us at Country View Crafts Challenges this month, your project is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.