Followers

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Baaaad Idea

Good morning from a very sunny but ohhhh so cold West Yorkshire. I'm officially moving out of my craft room (the conservatory) and onto the dining room table today 'cos at the moment the temperature is 11.2 in there. Not for me thank you very much! Anyway Wednesday means time for a brand new Stampotique challenge, and today the wonderful Arwen has chosen the theme.
Arwen is our hostess this week and she's got the spotlight on you:
Artwork consist of many small details that make a whole.

This week I would like to see spotlights in your work.
Lift a detail of your artwork visibly out.


I had a wander into a well know DIY store and picked up a couple of packs of ceramic tiles that are the perfect size for coasters. I've painted it with DecoArt paints, then stamped the snow from France's Design Cube  Don't tell France but my stamp is pretty messy now with white acrylic fingerprints lol. 
Bad Idea is from her Barcode Text 2 stamp and I love the font on this one.
Global Warming has been stamped, cut out and sprayed with some pearl diamond varnish. If I'd put my brain in gear I would have stamped him first and then masked, but no harm done, he's passed the official mug resting test, even with his spotlit heart. It's all been covered with a couple of coats of matte varnish, and I've put some cork on the bottom to stop scratches.
So there we are another tile to add to my miss matched Stampotique coaster collection. I must admit they are my favourite, I have them dotted around the house and they always make me smile.
I hope you join in with our challenge, just read the rules at the top of the Stampotique page and link up.
Thanks very much for looking x

13 comments:

  1. Lovely work, what a great idea! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes,this is lovely Sue,it just reminds me that I bought a couple of tiles at probably the same diy store....they were paid for but magically disappeared when I looked for them when I got home...I blamed the other half...this has brought it all back :)

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your canvas is darling, the barcorde sentiment works perfectly with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable, Sue. I do like upcycling tiles into coasters, and love your idea of making a "wintry" set for the holidays! Great job on this one! (Have fun moving back to the warmth of the dining room!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like a good coaster, your is beautiful and so seasonal. Thank you for explaining the spotlight technique, never done this before. Looking forward to seeing more of your coasters :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea Sue and isn't it cold in Yorkshire today-I'll need a thermal nighty tonight lol

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way the heart on the snowman is highlighted. Your tile is so fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your canvas is awesome Sue <3
    I love the detail with his heart :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to use ceramic tiles. Love your frosty icy make and the snowman is fab. Hope you are well. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Sue, fab idea with the heart xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this coaster ! Very wintry !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely tile!!! And it's so cold in France too brrr! :) Happy we Sue. Hugs Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Sue! What a wonderful idea for the spotlight technique, the heart really pops out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.