Followers

Tuesday 13 December 2016

Stand Out!

Good morning and happy Tuesday. I've left the Christmas preparations behind and set off in search of sunshine, so this is a scheduled post. Helen and Mark recently had a Black Friday weekend sale over at Visible Image, and this is one of the sets that fell into my basket :-)





I started by giving my monolith and stand a couple of layers of white gesso so that the alcohol inks would have a slicker surface to move on, then I just blew them through a straw.


Then I made a total mess of the stamping. I've just re-inked my Versamark and I don't seem to have much luck with re-inked ink pads - I think in future I'll just buy a new one. Anyhow instead of binning it and sulking which is what I wanted to do, I gave it a couple of coats of white acrylic. I quite liked how this knocked back the brick wall embossing that I'd used from the Teenage Kicks plate.



So I huffed and puffed and re-blew the alcohol ink, and just stamped the brick wall a little around the edges then rubbed off some of the bronze embossing powder before heating it.
The legs from Teenage Kicks have been embossed in black, and the quote is actually purple and black but it doesn't show up so well here. Then it was a bit of bottle top stamping and all done.

I really enjoyed the start and the end - the bit in the middle not so much lol but I'm happy how it's turned out, there's actually quite a bit of texture in there which is always good.
Don't forget to check out the website which will lead you to the shop and lots of inspiration.
There's also our facebook group and we love it when you share your Visible Image creations with us here. Then there's  our facebook page and of course Pinterest with lots more to look at.
Have a wonderful week, and thanks very much for looking x

6 comments:

  1. This is fab Sue and it's great that you could rescue it....I agree that the texture really adds to the effect. The colours really do stand out! I hope you are enjoying the count down to Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background is wonderful and stamp goes well with it.

    Enjoy the sunshine and come back all refreshed

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are having a great time in the sun ! Love your project, it's fantastic !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Sue - like Corrie, I hope you are having a fab time xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeepers I've been a bad blogger this year! I hope you're enjoying lots of sunshine wherever you've found it, and I hope you have a fabulous festive season too. Love this fantastic piece... and that you just picked yourself up, brushed yourself off and started all over again when you had too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful project with your new stuff from Visible Image Sue!!! How fun too! :o)
    I'm happy to read that you are enjoying sunshine at the time being.. Lucky girl teehee :)))
    Have a joyous and Christmas where you are and I wish you a happy, creative as usual and healthy 2017!
    Hugs, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.