Followers

Monday 16 January 2017

What Dreams May Come



I've been having a bit of a play over the last few days with some new Deco Art chalk paints, Andy Skinner stencils, Seth Apter dies, and lots of stamps.


I started by putting some DecoArt modeling paste through lots of stencils onto an A3 canvas. I'd put a couple of layers of paint on this previously, then chickened out because the size of it scared me.


I've just got some DecoArt Americana chalk paints, so I manned up, chose a few colours and started scraping!
A couple more colours and a bit of white pen and I was happy with the background. To be honest I could have just played at this bit forever.
I used the same colours to paint a couple of mixed media sheets, and stamped them with the Seth Apter PaperArtsy stamps. These were for the die cuts.


Here are the PA stamps again.
And some from Stampendous.
Some die cutting....
This one's my favourite.

 The quote is the title of a Robin Williams film from a few years ago. It was very dark and I didn't particulary like it, but it's stayed with me all this time, so perhaps that's the sign of a really good film.

I'm entering this into the 'anything weird or creepy' challenge at Dream in Darkness,  the TIMI Anything Goes challenge at  Craft Stamper, and the Put A Stencil On It challenge over at Mixed Media Monthly 
Thanks very much for looking, and have a great week x 

20 comments:

  1. wowzer, this is gorgeous Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning project with wonderful techniques

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely don't think it is creepy -- I think your creation is quite pretty as well as interesting. I really like it!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow now that's a bit special Sue....actually no it's stunning!!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I love how you just followed your instincts. The layers and textures are amazing. Brilliant use of the stamps and die-cuts, especially those letters which I realise I've not had out for ages! The film title is taken from the To be or not to be... speech from Hamlet - so it may not have been a good film, but they had a good writer for the title!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dub thee Queen of Layering, Sue! The thickness of this amazing project is almost palpable on the screen! You make Andy and Seth proud, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! So glad to see you worked with Seth's product along with all the others to make such a tremendously textured and colorfully deep make! Thanks for playing with us at Dream in Darkness this month! Nan, CT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely adore this! You have achieved stunning layers in this amazing Mixed Media Canvas. It is scary when you start adding new layers but look what happens when you go with it! Thank you for sharing with us at Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. Clare DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally lush Sue - love it!!
    Big hugs from Pops and me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Sue, this is totally awesome! You amaze me with your artistic eye! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw this on Seth Apter's page and just had to come back and say congratulations! How exciting! Hugs, Autumn

      Delete
  11. This looks amazing. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your entry for the challenge of the TIMI challenge! Thank you for playing along!!
    XXX Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I Love this!! I just love that you kept going and playing and in the end created such a wonderful background and die-cuts! Thank you so much for playing with us this month at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love seeing y our work Sue, so rich and colorful! Amazing texture and love your use of Seth's amazing products! Really awesome and do love the sentiment!
    ~kim
    Dream in Darkness

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you're enjoying Seth's dies & stamps as much as we are over at Dream In Darkness. Love the palette you've worked with too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic Sue. Love the layering and your use of the die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous layering, fabulous colors and love the layout. Thank you for playing with us at Dream in Darkness, hope to see you again this month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing work, Sue! Congratulations on your Top Three pick at MMM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.