Followers

Thursday 20 April 2017

Her Name Was Lola

'She was a showgirl' oh I love a bit of Barry Manilow, and this is one of my guilty favourites. I've recently shared my dancing girls over on the Lost Coasters Review, and this is how it came together.




This really is one of my favourite backgrounds, especially when I need a card quickly - last minute - moi???
Take some glossy card, alcohol inks, a straw, and drop and blow!
Add as many colours as you like. For this card I kept the colours to one side so that my dancers stood out.

I love these girls! I've just added a little bit of red Prisma pen so she can shake her tail feather in colour!
Happy Place can be found over in Carmen's Veranda's new range of clear stamps.

There's still time to join in with our challenge on the Portal to Creativity, so please show us your favourite background technique to be in with a change to go shopping at the Lost Coast/Carmen's Veranda store.
Have a very happy weekend, and thanks for looking x

7 comments:

  1. Love this bright and exciting card Sue. It's fabulous. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant....although now that song is etched on my brain....thanks
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with a bit of Barry Manilow! Love your showgirls and the fabulous splotches.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now that I've seen this stamp a second time, I really, really need to have it! I'm glad you made this post to show the detail on how you made this background. I know how to do it and I have done it, but I had forgotten how much fun it actually is. Gotta get out the alcohol inks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A quick but perfect card, these dancing ladies are a great stamp... a beautiful one. It makes me think to the set of 3 dancing girls I have too from VLVS, a bit similar but different. Would love having the two haha :))) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well now you have me singing that song! Love the colors!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.