I started by making my plaster of Paris hearts. These are quite detailed moulds and I was very happy with how they turned out.
While they were drying I prepared my canvas. I've used doilies, and DecoArt Crackle paste through a stencil. I've also stuck various bits and bobs like sand balls and tiny beads.
When the crackle paste was dry I added lots of watery washes of DecoArt Media Paints. I then decided that multi coloured worked better in my head, so I would need a plan B. I brought out all my shades of purple and the Quin colours for their transparency.
Much nicer! You can still see the colours underneath but it has a much more coherent feel.
I love how the watery paints have pooled.
I've used gold Metallic Lustre over the heart, it gives it a wonderful shine.
So does the silver.
Stamping and embossing on tissue paper.
The sentiment has also been stamped and embossed on tissue paper, and a few sequins added to finish off. I was lucky enough to have this included in Craft Stamper magazine this month, so I'm a very happy bunny.
I'm entering this into the Mixed Media Monthly challenge Altered Embellishments.
Have a great week, and thanks very much for looking x