Followers

Saturday 30 September 2017

A Very Challenging Challenge

Good morning and happy Saturday - welcome to the weekend! The wonderful Autumn of Sew Paper Paint has started a fab new blog devoted to mini albums. called the Mini Album Makers Challenge


This has always been something that I've admired, but never attempted - far too much measuring, and certainly no room for my wonky sticking! But the more I've looked, the more I've wanted to have a go - so I did!
There is no way that I could have done this without the help of the lovely Gloria Stengel of Scraps of Life. Her blog is full of amazing inspiration, including the full tutorial of the book I've made. She was so helpful and generous with her time in pointing me in the right direction - thank you so much Gloria. The only problem is she's dragged me back into the world of designer paper - like I don't have enough to set up my own shop already!
I have taken far too many pictures, so no more words lol


This is the front, with Tim Holtz and Fizzy Lemon dies.


The back with more TH dies.


And this is the spine.


This is the inside.The papers are by Prima. I must admit the tab mechanism was the hardest thing for me to make, but having done it once I think it would be easier next time.



One of the pages. I just followed Gloria's instructions. I've put a tag inside the pocket.


This is a flap for a photograph.


This is a pocket that holds another photo mat.


Another pocket and large tag.


And another...

And another...

Ok no more photos lol.
What I've learned is 
My old Fiskars trimmer is perfect for the scoring and I also used my old bone folder.
A good strong tape is essential - I've also used some wet glue in places.
And if/when I make another one I will make the outside match the inside! I'd already made the outside when I found my Prima pad and I just wanted to crack on.
All I need now are some photos. As anyone who knows me knows, I don't often have my photograph taken. My profile picture is at least 12 years old (and 3 stones lighter) But, I've decided that it's better to have some slightly naff older chunkier photos than none at all (don't hold your breath waiting for a new profile pic lol)
This was such fun to make, very calming once I'd got over the yikes I need to measure and cut straight stage.
A huge thanks again to Gloria, and thanks very much for looking x

9 comments:

  1. Sue, you have done a magnificent job and met the challenge with aplomb. I especially love the tag pockets! It's so nice to have someone guide you through a process like this for the first time. A wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great travel mini. Love the pockets and tag inserts. Thanks for joining the challenge at Mini Album Makers Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, your album is just fabulous! I love the inside pages, the papers are wonderful and you have put them together beautifully - those tag mats are such a great idea too! I also love the cover, it makes you think there are going to be photos of a great adventure inside... so I hope you do put some photos inside!

    Thanks so much for joining in our first challenge at Mini Album Makers! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous inspired journal Sue and the concertina spine tabs I find so useful. A great way to use up some of your designer papers. I would have loved to have taken part last month but me time was very very short. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing album, Sue - I'm so glad you were inspired by the challenge to get your papers out again, and what a lovely shout out for Gloria's fantastic tutorials and albums too. Thanks so much for joining us for the first Mini Album Makers Challenge.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your book is amazing! I love those paper, and the tags are always a special addition in my book...pun intended! I am so happy you found your way back to this!! I am always happy to help you, so just give me a shout if you get stuck!! Thanks for all the lovely comments! You are so sweet. And thanks for linking up to our Mini Album Makers Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sue! You certainly did a wonderful job! Gloria is an immeasurable resource and I'm just so pleased that you were inspired by the challenge and her work. I love your paper choices and think your tabs look great. I'm so very pleased that you played along with our first challenge at Mini Album Makers. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and for your comments, it is very much appreciated. Please be aware that by leaving a comment it will be visible along with your user name, allowing others to read and access information you have supplied within your profile.